I recently learned about the concept of how our thoughts drive our emotions and behavior. The phrase “healthcare is broken” or “healthcare is a dumpster fire” is a thought I often have when I feel overwhelmed, but it is not necessarily true. Resorting to the thought healthcare is a dumpster fire can zap our agency and creativity. In addition, I explore the concept of naming our emotions and strategies to embrace all the parts of ourselves, just not always at the same time.
"We as physicians can be leaders and create change."
In this episode, you will learn the following:
1. How can understanding the connection between thoughts, feelings, and actions help healthcare workers in their daily work?
2. How can we consider an extreme case of a healthcare system failing, to assist us with mindset shifts to stay more problem focused as we tackle challenges in the US?
3. What techniques can healthcare workers use to be more emotionally agile to shift between strategic and tactical problem-solving?
1. The thought, feeling, and action framework is described by many experts. Andrea specifically mentioned the podcast, The Life School Podcast, check out this collection and start with episode 2.
Other episodes you'll enjoy:
Beyond Band-Aids, Getting to the Root: Part 2 with Drs. Paasch & Barrett
Sharee Johnson: How Physicians Can Regain Agency & Lead
Leaning Into Leadership: Dr. Linda Lawrence
EM Revitalized: Celebratory Networking Event At ACEP SA
Oct 10 4:30-6:30 pm
Join us in celebrating physicians diversifying outside the ED to create their most fulfilling careers!
> Connect with successful thought leaders
> Explore career opportunities over apps & drinks
Reserve your ticket today; click here!
Are You Ready To Reconnect With Your Purpose In Medicine?
Revitalize is a community that empowers women physicians to innovate and shape the field of medicine. Join the Revitalize Women Physician Circle to access:
-Member-only chat platform
- Virtual and in-person events
-CME available- you can use your CME funds!
Connect with us: Twitter: https://twitter.com/RevitalizeWomen